SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Holy Rosary College is a Voluntary, Catholic, Co-Educational Secondary School where students, staff, management, parents and the local community together aim to provide a holistic education in a safe and caring environment and where the dignity and uniqueness of each person is valued and respected.
- to foster a school climate which is characterised by the quality of relationships based on Gospel values.
- to foster an environment where a culture of learning exists between students and staff.
- to recruit suitably qualified teachers who will accept the school’s mission statement.
- to facilitate the ongoing development and training of staff
- to develop the full potential of students, giving special assistance to individuals with special needs
- to foster an environment that helps staff and parents to work together
- to value the dignity and uniqueness of each person
- to promote extra-curricular activities
- to facilitate and encourage the pursuit of Christian values
- to respect the cultures and beliefs of all
- to promote an orderly teaching and learning environment that respects the dignity of both teacher and pupil
- to ensure the school is a safe and caring place
- to ensure the school buildings and grounds are well-maintained
- to prioritise and pursue the provision of additional facilities.
For the Sisters of the Christian Retreat, the School is a Community of Faith, consisting of students, teachers, ancillary staff and parents.
Together we strive to provide a caring, Christian environment, where the DIGNITY AND UNIQUENESS of each person is VALUED, allowing them the freedom to develop to their full potential, always trying to maintain a balance between the academic and non-academic.
The School climate is characterised by the QUALITY OF RELATIONSHIPS within the School, relationships which are based on GOSPEL VALUES of mutual trust and respect and are life-enhancing and empowering.
Reflection on the gospel message and the purpose of life is central to our mission as educators.
Like any community, it must have rules / guidelines in order to function successfully, help create a safe and secure environment where each student feels valued and respected at all times.
The Code of Discipline provides a framework for reasonable and responsible behaviour in a disciplined atmosphere in which the student is encouraged to grow in freedom, in self discipline and is helped to take increasing responsibility for his/her own education and for the life of the School Community.
In particular, it aims to provide for:-
- A community in which basic Christian values are lived and where the dignity and uniqueness of each person in the school is of paramount importance, enabling each to develop a healthy self-image and the art of forming positive relationships with others based on Love, Truth & Freedom, all of which is vital preparation for life.
- An atmosphere of care, equality, concern and respect towards all members of the school community.
- A spirit of justice and respect for the rights & responsibilities of others in all activities.
- A reflective, prayerful dimension in the daily life of the school
- An orderly teaching and learning environment
- Rules that are strict but fair with a degree of flexibility
- Appropriate sanctions
- A clear Pastoral Care / Discipline structure
True Partnership between the School, the families of the students and the local community